Bank Care and Support workers – North and South Birmingham
Zero hours contract
Salary: £8.72 per hour
We are looking to expand our existing Bank Staff register and wish to recruit experienced care workers.
The role of Bank Staff is to provide cover and support for permanent staffing during times of absence, holidays or sickness.
Our properties across Birmingham provide a 24-hour service, providing front-line care and support for vulnerable adults, some of whom have a visual impairment as well as other physical and learning disabilities.
You will work on a rota basis; working hours will include early, late, waking night, sleep-in, weekend and Bank holidays, where appropriate.
The role will require you to:-
- Provide emotional and physical support
- Provide high quality personal care in an enabling environment
- Support service users in a range of activities and to access the local community
- Administer routine medication, as required
- Provide Person-centred planning
- Provide respite support for carers
- Carry out domestic tasks, as required
- Assist with shopping and meal preparation, as required
- Complete in-house and regulatory documentation to a high standard
- Maintain all necessary records and comply with handover procedures
- Liaise with professionals, relatives and advocates
- Attend staff and team meetings
- Undertake and/or attend all required training
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the role of Bank Care & Support Worker
- Adhere to all Health & Safety requirements
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
You must have at least 1-years’ experience in a similar care/support worker role, with delivering personal care and administering medication. You should have a strong value base; be able to demonstrate that you have the ability to provide care and support to people in their own home and have a genuine willingness to undertake further training as required.
If successful you will be required to provide an enhanced DBS certificate, together with evidence of your current right to work in the UK.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that your CV is up-to-date with no gaps in work history and send this to us at email@example.com . If you would like a Job Description, please contact HR on 0121 602 6518.
New Outlook is a Disability Confident Committed employer.
No agencies please - we operate a PSL and our lists are currently closed, therefore please do not contact us.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the values, skills and passion to make a difference and are interested in working with New Outlook, please send an up-to-date CV to the address here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need job information in a different format (eg large print) or help with your application please call us on 0121 602 6518.
An interview is guaranteed to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria (ie required qualifications, skills and/or experience) for the post.