Locality Manager – Birmingham
We have an an exciting opportunity for a Locality Manager based in Birmingham. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week across a five-day week (including unsociable hours where required) and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £36,000 - £38,000 per annum!
We are looking for individuals who will help to make a real difference in people’s lives through the provision of high-quality accommodation, care and support.
You will be someone who has a passion for excellence and innovation in service delivery and understands the need for continuous learning and service improvement. You will have responsibility for a portfolio of services and will need to ensure they are safe, compliant and effective, but also recognise opportunities for improvement and growth.
The role will include line management of each manager within your locality and ensuring the individuals we support receive a personalised service which meets and continually responds to their changing needs and the requirements of our regulators and commissioners. You will also hold responsibility for quality, compliance and maintaining good quality service provision at all times and you will be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Responsibilities as our Locality Manager:
- Lead, coach and mentor Managers and teams within your locality
- Develop and oversee continuous improvement plans for all services within your locality
- Manage voids and provide an effective referral and assessments process for timely admissions
- Plan and participate in meetings with managers, staff and service users and their families as required
- Maintain effective working relationships and communication with other social service and health care organisations and advocacy groups
- Be the Registered Manager for a portfolio of services including Residential Care, Supported Living and Housing with Care under CQC regulations
- Ensure efficient utilisation of resources (personnel, assets, supplies, finances)
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all funding sources and regulatory agencies as appropriate
- Supervise Service Managers as necessary, to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to service users and the operation of administrative systems and support functions
- Conduct or review supervisions and annual staff appraisals for all staff within your area of responsibility
What we’re looking for in our Locality Manager:
- Two years management experience
- Experience of a range of service delivery models (i.e. Residential Care, Supported Living, Housing with Care)
- QCF Level 5 in Care/Management (or NVQ Level 4/Registered Manager’s Award or equivalent)
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and ongoing management training
- Experience of developing teams and positive work cultures
- Experience with management of staff, including supervising, coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Experience of setting service objectives and ensuring these are monitored and achieved
- Full knowledge of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2009 and the consequences of failing to take action on set Requirements
- Must be a car driver
- Satisfactory Police and safeguard checks
Closing date for applications - 28 February 2020
Assessment Centre date - 12 March 2020
Download more information here Locality Manager - Recruitment pack
New Outlook is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
No agencies please - we operate a PSL therefore please do not contact us.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the values, skills and passion to make a difference and are interested in working with New Outlook, please send an up-to-date CV to the address here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need job information in a different format (eg large print) or help with your application please call us on 0121 602 6518.
An interview is guaranteed to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria (ie required qualifications, skills and/or experience) for the post.