Home Care and Support worker – Halesowen and surrounding areas
Location: Community (Halesowen and surrounding areas)
Hours: 25 per week (annualised hours contract)
Salary: £8.10 per hour
We are looking to recruit an experienced Home Care & Support Worker to deliver tailored packages of care and support to elderly people in their own homes, within Halesowen and surrounding areas.
The hours will be worked on a rolling rota and may include early, late, weekends and/or Bank Holidays.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing emotional and physical support;
- Providing respite support for carers;
- Escorting service users to day activities, appointments and to access the local community;
- Carrying out domestic tasks as required;
- Providing personal care;
- Administering medication;
- Shopping and meal preparation as required;
- Liaise with professionals, relatives and advocates;
- Attend staff and team meetings;
- Undertake and/or attend all required training;
- Undertake any other reasonable duties;
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
You should have a strong value base; be able to demonstrate that you have the ability to provide care and support services to people in their own homes, and have a genuine willingness to undertake further training as required. Due to the peripatetic nature of the role, a full driving licence and own transport is essential.
You must have previous experience in delivering personal care and administering medication.
If successful, you will be required to provide an enhanced DBS certificate, together with evidence of your current right to work in the UK.
Applications or expressions of interest should be made by sending an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com .
If you would like a Job Description, please telephone HR on 0121 602 6518.
New Outlook is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
No agencies please - we operate a PSL therefore please do not contact us.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the values, skills and passion to make a difference and are interested in working with New Outlook, please send an up-to-date CV to the address here or email firstname.lastname@example.org